By Mckenna Clarke, blog writer at TOP CFOS
As 2017 begins everyone’s eyes are set to see what the year will bring. Small business trends 2017 are focused on millennials, eco-friendly products and offices, and tech integration. Here are a few trends and industries we’ll be watching out for in 2017.
- Companies will begin to embrace Millennials as they enter more leadership roles. With many baby boomers beginning to retire, more leadership positions are opening up and talented young Millennials will take their places.
- Businesses will focus on disruptive marketing rather than aggressive in-your-face marketing. More companies are beginning to embrace the practice of trying to connect with potential customers, rather than sell to them. In a world where consumer are bombarded with marketing messages, this approach will prove to be more effective in 2017.
- Green products are on the rise. Since Millennials are more eco health conscious than any other generation, earth-friendly products will be big on the market this year. Expect to see more products with “green” labels.
- Businesses will hire more employees remotely. The digital age is essentially reducing the need for all employees of a company to be in the same place. Virtual options such as skype, Gotomeeting, and instant chat bring employees together in one place. Watch in 2017 as employers use these tools to interview, hire, and work with talented young professionals wherever they are in the country.
- The rise of the paperless office. With so many options for cloud storage, online paperwork, and online banking, the use of paperwork is on a downturn. According to Business News Daily, the paperless office will be replacing the need for paperwork that can bog down employees and employers, waste time, and hurts the environment
Experts expect the following industries to be on the rise in 2017. Including up-and-coming tech support businesses, these growing industries will be on our forcast this year:
- Drones: These high-powered flying machines are becoming some of the hottest tech on the market right now. Expect to see an increase in drone support companies this year. Watch for an increase in repair, collection, and advice companies and websites for drones.
- Solar collection: Solar collection has become one of the most sought-after spots in the home building market. Watch this year as companies compete for market share in of attractive roof solar collection panels. This year, solar collection panels is predicted to enter the luxury market, and soon after will be on the mass market.
- Virtual reality: According to Trend Watching, many industries are turning their products into virtual reality. In 2017 watch out for virtual concerts, virtual shopping experiences, and virtual reality gaming. Like the solar collector trends, watch out for these products to hit the luxury market and soon become a part of everyday life.
If you are a small business owner, 2017 will be a good year to keep your business going. And remember, if you are looking to increase profit with professional CFO services, call us. We love being part of our clients’ business success.